August 2017 Islamic Printable Templates : The Islamic calendar, Muslim calendar or Hijri calendar is a lunar calendar consisting of 12 months in a year of 354 or 355 days.
This calendar is used to date events in many Muslin countries around the world. These August 2017 Islamic Printable Templates is mostly used by Muslims everywhere to determine the proper days on which the annual fast is to be done, to attend Hajj, and to celebrate the other Islamic holidays and festivals.
The current Islamic year is 1437 AH. In the calendar of Gregorian, 1437 AH runs from mostly 14 October 2015 to 2 October 2016.
August 2017 Islamic Calendar with Holidays
- Four of the twelve Hijri months are considered sacred: Rajab, and the three consecutive months of Dhu al-Qa‘dah, Dhu al-Ḥijjah and Muharram.
- The lunar calendar stays back the solar calendar by about ten days every year because months of the Islamic calendar fall in different parts of the Gregorian calendar each year.
- The cycle repeats every 33 years.
- Each month of the Islamic calendar starts on the origin of the new lunar cycle.
- Normally, each month can have 29 to 30 days depending on the visibility of the moon.
Hijri Calendar 2017
In Arabic, the “first day” of the week starts with Sunday of the planetary week. The Islamic weekdays, like those in the Hebrew calendar, originate at sunset. The Christian day, kept in monasteries, begins in the evening, in line with the other Abraham traditions.
Christian and planetary weekdays begin at the midnight. Muslims gather for worship at a mosque at noon on “gathering day” which begins with Friday. However “gathering day” is often regarded as the weekday of rest. This is normally made official, with many Muslim countries taking Friday and Saturday or Thursday and Friday as official weekends, during which offices are closed.
Another Muslim country chooses Friday as a rest day.
Hijri Calendar 1438
A day in the Islamic calendar is defined as the sunset begins.
|Islamic year||Gregorian date|
|1435 AH||4 November 2013|
|1436 AH||25 October 2014|
|1437 AH||14 October 2015|
|1438 AH||3 October 2016|
|1439 AH||22 September 2017|
Calendars are meant for every religion, caste, creed and system.In deciding dates and tours no caste can be bounded. There are different types of calendars prepared for every religion according to their taste and usage.
They are mainly made up for pre plannings of the things or for another purpose. Every person uses calendars in their daily life on daily basis.
No religion or caste can stop the use and maintenance of calendars. There are many usages of calendars.